Looking Ahead – consultation closes on 8th June 2018 (11.59pm)
Swale Borough Council has published an early consultation document intended to inform the next Local Plan. Called “Looking Ahead”, the document asks some key questions about the issues facing Swale to the year 2038. Please read more details below as to how to take part in this using our online portal.
We have also published a quick questionnaire in order to help us establish future priorities. This is also available to complete on the online portal. You do not need to register to take part in this.
If responding to our consultations, you will be asked to provide personal information at various points. Data Protection Legislation governs the way we collect and use the personal information you provide to us. You have specific legal rights in relation to that information and the Council has specific legal responsibilities. Please read carefully the notice that will be provided when you respond to the “Looking Ahead” consultation online. If you choose not to respond online, it can either be downloaded via the link below or as a ‘hard’ copy collected at Council offices or libraries. Where we have requested permission in the notice, please indicate by putting an ‘X’ in the relevant box. We will not be able to process your comments without the completed notice.
How do I take part in a consultation?
For most of our Local Plan consultations we use an online Consultation Portal, which has the following advantages:
- View all documents/representations (including other consultee comments)
- Search for comments on a particular topic or policy
- Check your comments have been received and track the outcome
- Be kept informed of updates
- Update personal details.
You can read documents and consultation comments without the need to register. To provide any comments on a current consultation, you need to register before using our consultation portal.
You can also view our consultation documents at the Swale Borough Council Offices and libraries during these locations’ normal opening times:
- Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, ME10 3HT
- Sheppey Gateway and Library, 38 – 42, High Street, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 1NL
- Alexander Centre, Preston Street, Faversham, ME13 8NY
- Sittingbourne Library, Central Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 4AH
- Queenborough Library, Railway Terrace, Queenborough, Kent, ME11 5AY
- Minster Library, Worcester Close, Minster-On-Sea, Kent, ME12 3NP
- Faversham Library, Newton Road, Faversham, ME13 8DY
- Teynham Library, 131 London Road, Teynham, Kent, ME9 9QJ
- Boughton Under Blean Library, Village Hall, Bull Lane, Boughton, Kent, ME13 9AH
Written representations on documents should be made either:
- By registering on our Consultation Portal
- At Swale Borough Council’s offices where hard copies of the consultation material will be available
- Download a PDF:
- Looking Ahead Document (Reduced size for download. Please go to the Portal for a high quality version)
- If you have difficulty with any of the above, please email email@example.com to obtain either an email version or hard copy
Paper versions of the form can be completed electronically (on screen) or completed by hand and returned:
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- by post to Planning Policy Manager, Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, ME10 3HT
If you have any questions please call us on 01795 417118.
All comments must be received by the date specified on the event detailed above.